Monday, March 14, 2011

Kampokng ku - Fishing at Kuala Siru

Gold Arawana on his fishing trip at Kuala Siru, Sematan, Sarawak...


This kid is just 7 years old, however he is my teacher to tie and prepare my fishing rod..




This unknown age of wooden bridge still serve the Pueh-Sg Kilong-Sematan Road users for more than 30 years... anyway, lot of sweet memories with my late father on the meaning of life survival... Owwwwhh... I really miss him!


To my eyes, the scenario is beautiful... an old jetty still there. And the following two pictures will show the different in 3 minutes!



Photo taken on 1853...



Photo taken on 1855... A lot of different in only 3 minutes.... what else for 30 years...


Like father, like son....He must be happy that his father finally got his fish of dream...


Lot of rods, but we gave too many choices for the fish until the give up to make a final decision. I guess...


Fishing teach the fisher to be patience..... mppphhh... no wonder I never could be a good fisher...


Owhhhh... its not a fish... luckily its not a bra... ha haha...



There is a Malay quotes, "Kais Pagi, Makan Pagi; Kais Petang, Makan Petang"... Be honest, I don't know how to translate it to English... Anyway, I have went through all the hard life at my kampokng during my childhood. I believe that my father has always gave me the best lesson so that my live will be better than his era. However, life in my kampokng is always an enjoyable moments; and I will always miss all the sweet and sour moments with you guys!



Important Note: Kampung Pueh Homestay is one of the most successful homestay program in Sarawak. Experient the everyday life of Dayak Salako and visit the oldest Malaysian's Salako longhouse at Kampung Pueh...

No comments: