Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PUTRAJAYA - A BRILLIANT CITY BY A BRILLIANT LEADER


I did not certainly know what to do if I reach Putrajaya. It just a trip to witness the great story about this smallest parliamentary voters in Malaysia, the story that I get form various sources.

I used a transit bus, namely RapidKL. It was an empty bus on almost empty highway, and I start to predict that nobody is going to Putrajaya for this Deepavali holiday. Than my first impression is that the Putrajaya is just another white elephant project of Malaysia. Maybe I have to tender my apologies to former PM, Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohammed on my wrong first impression. Yes, it was totally a wrong impression when my bus starts to travel inside this well planned city. What a great city with environmental friendly, a small icon of European cities. As an engineer, I have to amaze on great engineering works, on the architecture, landscape, planning, etc.

Putrajaya is a city in the garden with unique architecture buildings, a modern living styles, and first class infrastructures. What a primary school building, in a standard of private colleges or maybe better. Than I can imagine that Putrajaya will born a few great leaders for Malaysia. No excuse for a first class schools and facilities.

Than the connectivity, through tourist friendly bus and beautiful internal decorations, trains and highway should furnish a first class journey for tourists. There is another one, maybe monorail or LRT is not yet completed or either being neglected. Anyway, I think the train fare of RM 9++ from Putrajaya to KL is to expensive la!! Ops.. Not all are good actually. I think the peoples were not yet train to be the first class mentality. Government has spent billion of RM to develop this futuristic city, and vandalism is still there. What a pity....

I cannot think the original idea of Dr Mahathir, and I will never even think like him...maybe. I hope that I am not too much to say that he was really a brilliant leader with brilliant architect minded on the development of Putrajaya. Of course, I dont know how much is the government expenditure to build this. Or even, I cannot imagine how much is RM .....Billion. To imagine is headache for me.....

The houses is not surround by fence; remind me on the European living style. Of course I am a fanatic to Western architecture. But not all are Europeans, as a Muslim Country, the buildings are mostly build in Muslim architecture. What a great outcome.

The most amazing parts on my point of view are the environmental friendly. Trees are everywhere, which will remind you on the rural areas. All the landscape are properly maintained, trees and flowers grow well significant with the well grow of Putrajaya.

The man made lake is the tourist must visit place at Putrajaya. Surroundings are the Governemnt buildings, a beautiful and unique of Putrajaya Bridge. River cruise maybe the best visit which will give the tourist the best experience to explore Putrajaya.

When I reach Tasik Putrajaya, most of the visitors are foreign tourist. Maybe the locals are just getting used of the beauties of Putrajaya and no more interested to have another visit? Perplexity. Anyway, there is a group of tourist from India on Deepavali. Not perplexity to me on these modern days.

The foods are not bad, a little bit expensive but fair enough for delicious foods served together with beautiful scene. Believe me, you will feel hungry again... Please dont ask me why??

I left Putrajaya using the same bus, so called RapidKL, and reused my previous ticket amounting to RM2 per head. I was informed that I can use it in 12 hours to all destinations in Klang Valley with no extra payment. So cheap…. Anyway, I have to salute Dr Mahathir on his amazing and brilliant ideas on this, a first class development with a first class environment. I believed that other interesting developments will appear soon and Putrajaya will never become a white elephant as describe by some “tong kosong”….


I am not the best story-teller, but the photos below will tell more..........

The Putrajaya Mosque.... A beautiful architecture

The Prime Minister's Department Office....

Putrajaya Bridge...Another amazing landmark for Putrajaya.



Putrajaya Lake, a beautiful man made lake and its surrounding views..... I should try the Lake Cruise...only RM 20++ per head.........

The scenic view inside the Taman Selera Putrajaya.....Thats why I always feel hungry.

This is how my travel start...In empty bus, on almost empty road.


The man made scenic view......


The beauties of Putrajaya will be continue in next article - Garden City....

No comments: